Sunday, June 3, 2007

A decent beginning

Ah, my very first post on a new blog. It's kind of like having a brand new notebook with nothing in it. It's always fun to write the first few words there.

This blog is here to encourage me to be a better homemaker. I've chosen that as my primary vocation, and I hope to settle more fully into the role in the next few weeks. I've found that a lot of women outside of my church have very little idea of what makes up a homemaker's life. It doesn't help that a lot of news media stories present a very biased view, acting as though homemaking is a last resort for stupid women instead of the intensely creative, demanding endeavor that it truly is. I'll describe a bit of the kinds of things I do in hopes that people reading this can understand some of what goes into what I do!

I should probably start with an introduction of me. I'll put that in the next post, so that it can be commented on separately. In the next few weeks, I hope to get my old website in order and my link list up, so that you readers can find out where I put all my various things online.

No comments:

Post a Comment