Sunday, December 9, 2007

Quran from a Christian's Perspective Introduction

I have finally decided to give the Muslim's holy book a good look over. Being who I am, of course, I will be taking notes as I read, and writing up my thoughts afterwards. Maybe it'll become a book. Maybe not. At any rate, I'll post them here as I write them.

I've got a translation of the Quran from http://www.muslim.org/ with commentary from Maulana Muhammed Ali. I think that should be a fairly good representation of their text, not biased towards their detractors and with a genuine wish to make it understandable. So far, I find the commentary useful and the text interesting.

Let's see how long this lasts, and what I come up with in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, very interesting. I look forward to reading more. I have quite a few Muslim friends but never felt comfortable enough to question them about their religion.

    ReplyDelete